Are you a fan of Corona beer? If so, you know that the brand offers not one, but two different versions – Corona Extra and Corona Premier.
Corona Extra is a regular Mexican lager with a refreshing and light taste, known for its distinctive clear bottle and smooth flavor. While Corona Premier is a low-carb and low-calorie version of Corona, offering a lighter option for those seeking a balanced and crisp beer experience.
Corona Extra vs. Corona Premier
|Corona Extra||Corona Premier|
|Corona Extra is a regular lager beer, known for its traditional brewing style and flavor.||Corona Premier is a light-lager beer that offers a lower-carb alternative with a lighter body.|
|It has an alcohol content of 4.6%, providing a moderate level of alcohol.||It has a slightly lower alcohol content with an ABV of 4.0%.|
|Corona Extra contains approximately 149 calories per serving, offering a fuller-bodied beer experience.||Corona Premier is a low-calorie option, containing approximately 90 calories per serving.|
|It has a higher carbohydrate content, with approximately 14 grams per serving.||It is a low-carb alternative, with only about 2.6 grams of carbohydrates per serving.|
|Corona Extra is known for its refreshing and light taste, with a smooth flavor that appeals to many beer drinkers.||Corona Premier offers a balanced and crisp taste, providing a lighter beer experience without compromising on flavor.|
|It is typically bottled in a clear glass bottle, showcasing its golden color and allowing consumers to see the beer inside.||It also comes in a clear bottle, maintaining the brand’s signature packaging style.|
|Corona Extra is a classic, well-known choice among beer enthusiasts worldwide, often associated with beachside relaxation and social gatherings.||Corona Premier positions itself as a low-carb and lighter option, appealing to health-conscious consumers looking for a balanced beer option.|
What is Corona Extra?
Corona Extra is a popular brand of Mexican beer known for its distinctive clear bottle and refreshing taste. It is a regular lager beer that originated in Mexico and has gained worldwide recognition.
Corona Extra is characterized by its light and smooth flavor, making it a go-to choice for many beer enthusiasts. It is often enjoyed with a slice of lime, which adds a citrusy twist to the drinking experience. Corona Extra is produced by Grupo Modelo and has become synonymous with relaxation, beach vibes, and social gatherings.
What is Corona Premier?
Corona Premier is a lighter and lower-carb variation of the renowned Mexican beer brand, Corona. Brewed by Grupo Modelo, Corona Premier caters to health-conscious individuals seeking a balanced and crisp beer experience without sacrificing flavor.
Corona Premier has an alcohol content of around 4.0% ABV and approximately 90 calories per serving, Corona Premier offers a lighter alternative to the regular lager. It boasts a refreshing taste profile that appeals to a wide range of beer drinkers, accompanied by the brand’s signature clear bottle and the option to garnish with a lime.
Corona Premier has gained popularity among those who desire a lighter beer option while still embracing the essence of Corona’s quality and branding.
Taste comparisons: corona extra and corona premier
Corona Extra, being a regular lager, is known for its refreshing and light taste. It has a smooth flavor profile that appeals to many beer enthusiasts.
The beer offers a well-balanced combination of malt sweetness and subtle hop bitterness, resulting in a crisp and clean finish. Corona Extra’s flavor is often enhanced by the addition of a lime wedge, which adds a hint of citrus to the overall taste experience.
Corona Premier, being a light lager, offers a slightly different taste profile. It is crafted to provide a lighter beer experience while maintaining a balanced and crisp flavor.
Corona Premier delivers a milder and smoother taste compared to Corona Extra. The beer retains the refreshing qualities of its counterpart but with reduced intensity. It still offers a pleasant balance of malt sweetness and hop bitterness, ensuring a satisfying drinking experience.
Alternatives to drinking corona beer
1. Modelo Especial: This Mexican import is a great alternative to Corona. It’s crisp and refreshing, with just a hint of sweetness.
2. Pacifico Clara: Another Mexican import, Pacifico Clara is light and clean-tasting. It’s perfect for sipping on a hot summer day.
3. Tecate: Tecate is another excellent option if you’re looking for something similar to Corona. It’s a bit more flavorful than some of the other beers on this list, but still refreshing and easy to drink.
4. Sol: Sol is another great Mexican import that makes a good alternative to Corona. It’s slightly sweeter than most beers but still has a nice balance of flavors.
5. Dos Equis XX Lager Especial: This Mexican lager is a great choice if you want something that’s similar to Corona but with a little more flavor. It’s smooth and easy to drink, with just a touch of bitterness in the finish.
Key differences between corona extra and corona premier
- Beer Type: Corona Extra is a regular lager beer, while Corona Premier falls under the category of a light lager. This distinction impacts their overall flavor, with Corona Extra offering a traditional lager taste, and Corona Premier providing a lighter and milder flavor profile.
- Calorie and Carbohydrate Content: Corona Extra has a higher calorie content, typically around 149 calories per serving, compared to Corona Premier, which contains approximately 90 calories per serving. In terms of carbohydrates, Corona Extra has a higher amount, averaging around 14 grams, while Corona Premier is a low-carb option with approximately 2.6 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
- Market Position: Corona Extra has a well-established market position and is often regarded as a classic and iconic choice among beer enthusiasts worldwide. It is associated with beach culture, relaxation, and social gatherings. While Corona Premier positions itself as a low-carb and lighter alternative, appealing to health-conscious consumers who prioritize a balanced beer option.
- Difference between Palm and Corn Oil
- Difference between Mustard and Vegetable Oil
- Difference between Skimmed and Semi-Skimmed Milk
Corona Extra is a regular lager with a refreshing and light taste, while Corona Premier is a lighter option with a milder flavor. Corona Extra has higher calorie and carbohydrate content and holds a classic market position, while Corona Premier targets health-conscious consumers. The choice between the two depends on personal preferences and dietary considerations.